Tram

Well Known Member
Just curious if this would cause any issues with the wet compass?

I can't imagine the compass interfering with the intercom, but just curious before I started drilling holes.. LOL..

Jeff, my compass is about 1" from the intercom(pm1000) and does not cause a swing in the heading. Transmitting on a comm radio does cause about a 10 degree swing in my set up. That doesn't matter too much to me since it is a brief and occasional thing. I experimented quite a bit with compass position but in the end had to compromise. I only pplan to use the whisky compass if my Dynon fails! Would not have installed it at all but my Canadian inspector requires one.
Good luck.

Better compass

If you install a precision PAI-700 vertical card compass all compass errors will be reduced around 80% and you get a superior presentation without the backward reading to boot. Russ

I think we will leave the compass alone.. We don't do hard IFR in it, I still know how to follow roads.. ;)

By the way, if you place the compass low down, forward movement of the stick gives a pretty wild heading swing! That rules out IFR aerobatics.

Good heads up.. Compass is mounted.. Intercom is not..

Working on a lil' retrofit activity..