carguy614

Well Known Member
Hi all...Looking for a little advice here. My 9A is equipped with a Sigtronics sport 200S stereo intercom and panel jacks. Icom A200 comm. This bugger only has one auxilliary audio input. Right now I have it wired to a phone plug that supports an IPOD music input. Works great. Now for the deboggle. I Have other audio inputs that I would like to feed to the intercom. Marker beacon tones from my Val INS 422, AOA tone and/or warning tones from my Dynon EMS D120. Can these be connected in series to the aux input, or will I need to install a rotary selector for the inputs. Diodes to isolate inputs maybe??
Hope one of you folks has addressed this issue. If not, I will experiment, and post my findings.

Thanks...
Chris Schmitt
9A final stages
N614RV

Hi all...Looking for a little advice here. My 9A is equipped with a Sigtronics sport 200S stereo intercom and panel jacks. Icom A200 comm. This bugger only has one auxilliary audio input. Right now I have it wired to a phone plug that supports an IPOD music input. Works great. Now for the deboggle. I Have other audio inputs that I would like to feed to the intercom. Marker beacon tones from my Val INS 422, AOA tone and/or warning tones from my Dynon EMS D120. Can these be connected in series to the aux input, or will I need to install a rotary selector for the inputs. Diodes to isolate inputs maybe??
Hope one of you folks has addressed this issue. If not, I will experiment, and post my findings.

Thanks...
Chris Schmitt
9A final stages
N614RV

I had the same problem (but with the mono Sig intercom), so I developed a device called the AMX-1A which is sold by Aircraft Extras http://www.aircraftextras.com/.

It plugs into the cable from the intercom, and expands the signals onto a couple of D connectors, allowing multiple audio inputs and easy disconnect.

It only works on the mono side of the intercom, so you'd have to wire your headsets to the stereo side (of course).

The datasheet and schematic are here: http://vx-aviation.com/page_2.html#AMX-1A_more

Vern

The Icom has 2 auxilary inputs. (One of the reasons I chose it over the Garmin unit). You can attach these to your AOA and Dynon audio alerts.