I believe the fuselage for the -7 and the -9 are the same (ask Vans' to be sure) but the wings are different. The wings are the same on the -7 and the -8 (I think)

not much help - huh!? :rolleyes:

Robert M said:
I believe the fuselage for the -7 and the -9 are the same (ask Vans' to be sure) but the wings are different. The wings are the same on the -7 and the -8 (I think)

not much help - huh!? :rolleyes:

at least you answered. thank you.
fred

VETE76 said:
will any other wing or fuse interchange with a rv 7a?
fred

Fred,
Part of the problem may be that your question is somewhat unclear.

Will any "RV" wing fit an RV-7A?

If that is what you are asking the answer is no.

Only an RV-7 wing will go on an RV-7 (or 7A).

In the past, a set of wings had to stay with the center section that they were drilled for (RV-4 and RV-6 in particular).

Currently the tooling is accurate enough that any RV-7 wing can mate up with any RV-7 fuselage (same for the rv-9 and RV-10)

If the rear spar has been drilled, then all bets are off imho. But that may not apply to what you're talking about. Just wanted to mention it.

i AM BUILDING the rv7a. i have the tail. my question is,
while i am looking to purchase someone else's wing and or fuse kits, will other than a rv7a wing or fuse be the exact same part, (kit) number?.
for example, is the wing kit part number, if u will, of a rv8, or rv6 or rv9(etc), be the same as the rv7a wing kit part number? then the same question with the fuselage
thanks
fred

LifeofReiley said:
The spar for the RV7 and RV9 are different. The fuse is not exactly the same.

Hope this helps.
i have to ask. rv7A and rv9a fuse, exactly the same also? (trike)
thanks
fred

VETE76 said:
i have to ask. rv7A and rv9a fuse, exactly the same also? (trike)
thanks
fred
They are very close but they are not the same.

As Roberta said, the spars are different thus the seat ribs are also different, the location of the front support angle, etc.

The way you can tell is by the part number. If it starts with a "6", it came from the RV-6 kit, "7" it is an RV-7 part, etc. On the -9, the side skins, seat ribs, and other parts all start with a "9".