Gregmarlow

Well Known Member
My number 1 cyllinder EGT is way higher than the others, only on the ground in idle. In fact, as I push it up a little to taxi through the grass, it comes down. CHT's are all normal. I figured it was an intake leak, but I tightened all the hose clamps and checked the torque on the bolts, and they were fine. Still happens during taxi. Bad gasket maybe? Any other ideas?

In flight, they are all even, and number one isn't even the hottest EGT or CHT.

Thanks,

Intake leak? Maybe, but....

Greg,

If you have an intake leak, you can verify this by watching the EGT as you descend. With the aircraft at a safe altitude in a cruise configuration, check EGT. If they are all fairly even, push the nose over into a shallow and reduce power so that your running less than 10? MAP. Watch the EGT as you do this. If the offending cylinder goes significantly higher than the other cylinders, then you probably have an intake leak on that cylinder. If they all follow together then you probably don?t have a leak on that cylinder. The problem may be then a fuel distribution problem with the flow divider. This can be checked by doing a bottle test (but we did that when we were up there, and I if I remember, it was OK).

But it sounds like this is a good excuse to take a trip down here.:)

Don

Guess it's not an intake leak

Don,

Did what you suggested and all the EGTs were rock solid in the gradual descent with power set under 10 inches.

I'll have to get down there and see you guys! What's the airport? Maybe late next week, if the weather cooperates.

Thanks!
Greg

Flight to Airflow

Greg,

Well that sounds OK. Might be a indication issue. But we can check it with a temperature gun.

We're at KSPA. Take the taxiway West to the end of the taxiway then through the open gate. We're the last hanger on the taxiway. Give me a call before you leave so I can open the taxiway gate for you.

Don