Sheldon

Well Known Member
Doing some re-newing of hoses, gaskets, etc. on my 0-360.. What is used, if anything, on the intake gaskets between the inlet pipes and the head..??
Thanks, Sheldon

I rub TiteSeal onto any and every paper gasket. NEVER EVER put one on dry! With TiteSeal on the gasket in 10-20 years when the next guy has to remove the gasket, it will come right off without scraping. I've also never had a gasket leak with TiteSeal rubbed on.

On the exhaust gaskets, either blo-proof or copper, I always use red RTV. Its surprising how well red RTV will hold up there.

Last edited:
Sheldon,
JMHO, but I don't think you need to use anything on the gaskets. Just make sure the mating surfaces are clean, and torque them to specs.

The main problem I have had is that over time, the rubber hoses that connect the intake tubes to the sump tend to harden and crack, and that resulted in intake leaks. For some reason, I can also take a turn or so on the clamps between inspections.

If any one has a fix for this I would appreciate some input. I tried to find some of the new silicone hoses (I think they are silicone) like they use on the Continentals, but have not been able to find any. Are there any out there?
If so, I would like to change mine out at the next condition inspection.