Flybuddy2

Well Known Member
Got a marketing letter from The Bullock Agency today that reads as follows:

"There are many changes taking place in the aviation insurance market, which are giving us very competitive rates. We are working with one company in particular that is lowering just about everyone's premium with a Van's Aircraft."

Anyone use there folks and is there really an underwriter lowering RV premiums?
The letter has a picture of an RV on the back so I guess they're targeting RVs and others will get this also.

who wants the buziness?

Do you think the light bulb actually went on for some insurer?

Here's 7000+ potential clients, the vast majority of which have very well-built aircraft, well-maintained, flying above average hours, or whatever else it is that makes for safe operation, and comparatively low claims.

I hope its' for real, if only for you lucky dogs in the U.S.! :)

Me too...

...received the same flyer. I haven't done anything with it yet, but will look to see what they offer in the next few months.

I didn't receive anything :) Will be looking soon. Can you guys forward me your unwanted flyer or post it here. Would be a good plug for their new business.

Got a marketing letter from The Bullock Agency today that reads as follows:

"There are many changes taking place in the aviation insurance market, which are giving us very competitive rates. We are working with one company in particular that is lowering just about everyone's premium with a Van's Aircraft."

Anyone use there folks and is there really an underwriter lowering RV premiums?
The letter has a picture of an RV on the back so I guess they're targeting RVs and others will get this also.

If that is the case, all brokers would have the opportunity to quote the same rates (unless we are talking about Avemco....fat chance..... :D). I got the flyer, too, and canned it since I recently received a new binder via SkySmith and the lowest rates available for me was from Global.

Last edited:
Whats the number

Im out of town and not getting my mail. Whats the company and phone number?

I got the same flier.

Numbers listed are (630)377-9499 and a cell listed as "any time of the day or night" (630)825-9499.

I thought it was an interesting touch putting the RV pic on the front.

If that is the case, all brokers would have the opportunity to quote the same rates (unless we are talking about Avemco....fat chance..... :D). I got the flyer, too, and canned it since I recently received a new binder via SkySmith and the lowest rates available for me was from Global.

Sam--is that the case OR if they quote you from ABC underwriter then no one else can quote from ABC also. It used to be this way, has that changed??? That's the one thing that always makes me leary about trying a new broker thx Tom

Sam--is that the case OR if they quote you from ABC underwriter then no one else can quote from ABC also. It used to be this way, has that changed??? That's the one thing that always makes me leary about trying a new broker thx Tom

I'm going to defer to one of the insurance agents who participate in the forum. They can give you the best and most current answer. This info is also in the archives, I just don't recall which thread. You can change brokers and get current quotes.

My post was directed toward the idea that if a particular carrier (there are only a few of them) was quoting lower rates, brokers other than the one who sent the flyer would also be able to get the same quotes.

I took the flyer to be from a broker who is trying to break into or expand their experimental business.

update: Searching for "broker" found the following thread I was recalling:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=61039&highlight=broker&page=4

Go to the 4th page, Jeff Rhodes has some excellent info about how the brokering and underwriting business works.

Last edited:
Thx--good info and apparently it's still the same inasmuch if you get one broker quoting an underwriter he's got you exclusively with that underwriter unless you write a letter to the new broker that you are no longer using prior one.
Might behoove us to check with our current broker and give them this info to see if there really is a newer/RV friendly underwriter.

Marketing gimmick

The flyer you got was a marketing piece that get used frequently. They probably have a Piper Meridian version, a Beech Bonanza version, and a Citation Jet version that says the same things. Judging from the reactions here, it did what it was designed to do - make you curious enough to call. Once they have you one the line, the hope that they can "sell" you.

There is some truth to the flyer:
1) Things are ALWAYS changing in the insurance marketplace.
2) All markets have been generally lowering rates for the past several years.

But - this broker dosen't have anything special. Most brokers have access to all the markets. Find a good one that you like. Have them quote the market for you.

Has anyone tried these folks?? Good results or not?? I'm sure Jeff is correct in this simply being marketing. I emailed the flyer info to my broker and asked if there was a more friendly RV underwriter. As usual, got no response. In thinking about it, they never answer emails in a timely way (weeks) and I have to push them on everything. Time for a new broker for me..Tom

Tom, I have always been promptly helped using Jenny at Nation Air. No claims. Just paperwork matters like when I went to Mexico.

Tom.....call Jeff! He is too polite to solicit here, but my recent experience has been a pleasure.....

Inspection requirement?

Hi all,

Maybe I am off topic here.... please pardon and redirect if I am way off.

Is there any inspection requirement in addition to the bare minimum FAA pre-first flight inspection, in order to get insurance in the U.S.?

I called the FSDO last week, they advice me in addition to the FAA inspection, some insurance company may ask for addition inspection record. Is that true? If so, what kind of inspection record, or what stages of build inspection are they asking for?

Thanks!
Hank