NavyIBNFE

I have been perusing thru the forums for some time now regarding Insurance- I have found some helpful info, but not any pertainging to my particular situation.

What I would be needing if a deal goes thru-
Insurance for a 160HP RV-3 FP, the usual. Hull worth near $25,000 ish.

I have around 110TT last I checked, pretty low I know, but I have been flying with friends for years- I only recently got my license.
I have my Multi as well, about 8 hours there. Another 6.5ish TW time with Mr Seager in the -7 and unfortunately my 2,000 ish hours as an FE dont count for anything :( (Other than massive amounts of airframe and engine repairs...)

I would like to know about what people near my credentials have found for insurance in the past. I know premiums drop down after 100 or so hours in type, but I am just a somewhat low time pilot, but all of my time has been training and cross country time. I really only go fly to travel or learn. I have been shopping for an RV for a little over a year and have been very close on a couple -4s but am now thinking an older -3 would be way more cost effective while I build an -8.

Any an all info would be great- since I do not yet "have" an airplane, no insurance company has given me a serious quote, but most say that I should be insurable since I have transition and TW endorsement with Mr Seager.

Thanks!
Jacob

Hi Jacob,
Suggest you speak directly with an agent like Scott Smith "SkySmith" Insurance or some others that members recommend.
These are really nice folks and you'll get straight to the jugular by conversing with them. They want your business and will direct you to the quickest path to getting insured & flying.
I can chat with you all day about insurance but it won't advance your cause.
LET'S GET YOU FLYING!! :D
Good luck,

www.skysmith.com
515-289-1439

Last edited:
Jacob ,

Also try Jenny Estes at nation air insurance.

There are a few threads running on insurance.

RV 4--6--10

Thanks!

Thanks guys!

I have noted the info and will be making some calls or emails tomorrow.

I need to figure out if getting a -3 is in my best interest or if I should try and get an old 120 or something for a few years to beef up my TW time.

At any rate- if they give me some good quotes I may move forward with my RV-3 deal.

Thanks again- its an amazing tool we have here.

Jacob

Another vote for Nation Air insurance here. I switched to them this year on my RV-6 and saved a couple hundred dollars and got better coverage than my previous insurance broker.

BTW, I know the RV-3 your looking at and its current owner... he bought my old Cherokee from me. I think it's a nice little RV-3, a good honest basic little plane for fun flying. I've not flown it myself personally, but a good friend of mine flew it here from Lubbock when Michael first bought it and he said it flew very well. If you decide to buy it, let me know when you'll be here in W.Falls to pick it up. I'm based at Wichita Valley airport too. BTW, Walt is your man to give you a good, fair, unbiased pre-buy inspection.