Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
As some of you are sure aware the AirVenture Cup appears to be on ... sort of. The volunteers that make it happen have to get sponsors to come up with something like $15,000 on their own - good luck and oh yes, thank you EAA. Anyway I plan to participate if it comes off and my insurance renewal comes up soon so I asked the EAA to give me what they can on the race insurance requirements for entrants. I just received the message copied below a few minutes ago.

Bob-

I do not foresee any changes in the insurance requirements from prior years. They are as follows:

All participants must provide EAA with an insurance company issued Certificate of Insurance evidencing aircraft liability insurance, in the amount of no less than $1,000,000. This coverage must include air racing, waiver of subrogation, 30-day notice of cancellation, and additional insured status as follows:

EAA, 2006 EAA AirVenture Cup, their Directors, Officers, Members and Volunteers.
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086

The certificate of insurance must be submitted with application. EAA reserves the right to decline any Certificate
deemed unacceptable.

Should you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 920-426-6106 or via email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Tammy Thomas
EAA Insurance Administrator
Risk Management Department
(920) 426-6106
Fax: (920) 426-6560
Email: [email protected]
Mark your calendar for EAA AirVenture 2006. . . July 24- 30
___l___
---o-(__)-o--- Happy Flying!