Flyguytki

Well Known Member
I am about to move my project into a hanger and am wondering what type of insurance others have for the project. Who do you go through and for how much? What type of payments do you generally see??

Thanks alot!!
-david

builder risk or something like that was quoted to me at roughly 1% of insured value. so $80K was going to be $800.

I ended up not getting it and just finished the build quickly and got full coverage so I could taxi it and such. Also didn't have to worry about remembering to have 1st flight coverage.

I had builder insurance from NationAir. I don't remember exactly but the 1% number sounds about right. I got mine while the project was in my garage (it was not covered by my homeowners insurance)

When and if you get it depends on how much risk you can live with. When I got mine, I value the project at what it would be within the next 6 months.

Mine was at the 1%, and was rolled right into flight coverage with a simple call.

Airplane parts are NOT going to be covered on a basic homeowners policy--better check again if you think you are.:confused:

until i put the wings on the fuse was just a very expensive canoe. un-powered watercraft are covered by my policy.:D

once i put the wings on I said it was a new style outrigger canoe