markscogg

Well Known Member
Anyone know where to get these? The threads are about 5/16 diameter. Length less than 3/4. Amber plastic looks to be part of the bulb.
bulb1dw1.jpg

bulb2ni6.jpg

Thanks!

It looks like there are two parts there. A bulb inside a cap. should be able to pull the bulb out with a fingernail. I believe the bulb nbr is 330 for 12 v or 387 for 28 v.Should be able to get them from any acft supply house or possibly Radio Shack

Mark,

These are also available with a replacement LED instead of an incandescent bulb Unfortunately,I can't recall where I ot mine - either a Google search or someone else on the forum will be able to tell you. The LED's are plenty bringht enough as well. There are also some real cool replacement LED square colored lamps available as well, with a cover under which you can insert a transparent label with its function. Ironflight has these on his RV-8 and they really work well, and IIRC, the complete lamp assembly was cheaper than the bulb replacement, and I recall giving Dennis Glaeser a small panel with 3/4 in it. If you're interested ad can't find it from Ironflight or Google, post here and we'll find them for you.

AllanC in Mongolia

Thanks for the replies!

The amber plactic is molded into a metal threaded piece. But the bulb IS pressed into the bottom of this assembly. It is a 330, looks like $1.15 ea at Spruce.
Thanks