Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
I'm installing the Van's manifold pressure gauge. I bought the transducer and the install kit.

I'm looking for information on installing the transducer. I looked through the archives but couldn't find anything.

It looks like the way it works, is that you drill a hole in the firewall, and mount the fitting that adapts the aeroquip hose to the pvc hose directly on the firewall. The pvc side sticks through the firewall into the cabin.

The transducer should be mounted somewhere behind the panel on the cabin side of the firewall. The aeroquip hose goes from the restricter attached to the #3 cylinder to the adapter fitting on the firewall.

Does that sound correct?

The thing that is confusing me is that naive thinking that somehow the third port on the transducer manifold should be involved.

Michael-

Yessir ... you've got it right. Be aware the little barb fitting on the cabin side of the fitting requires VERY small tubing, smaller than you can get in Tygon at your local hdwe store. Because I needed MP pressure at both the sender and my Lightspeed brainbox, I tee'd the vacuum tubing from that little clear tube that Vans provides. Finding a tee that accomodated that small tubing on one branch was quite a search.

OOps

I meant to add that the third port on the transducer may be a way to send MP to another device (like a Lightspeed!) without doing the tee thing like I did. (FYI ... my transducer was furnished by GRT and did not have a third port. Other than that, it's just like the one that Vans provides)