ACtech

I'm New Here
Hi: I am in the process of installing a skyview system in an rv6 and was wondering where the best place to install the adahars is and if anyone has pictures of their install. Also I am connecting my Garmin GNC250XL to my efis and need to know what pinouts to use from the GPS to the efis. Thanks

still awaiting delivery... but i have plan

i have the sykview on order from acs for a month now... they are still awaiting stock...

for my -7 my plan is to mount the adahrs unit behind the baggage compartment around the next aft bulkhead from a couple of .63 x 3/4 angles that will span across connected directly to the longerons. will use stainless steel hardware to attach the adahrs to the angles and rivet the angles to the longerons. this method will use a wee bit more aluminum than really necessary to adequately support the unit but it will place it in perfect alignment without much fuss.

I'm getting ready to order a 10" screen and the adahars

I like having it back there. The only problem with putting it back there for my flying RV-6 is that now I would have to route the static line back there also. I know the network cable has to go back there but it is just one more thing. I was thinking to try it up under the windshield between the firewall and next aft bulkhead, on the pilot side. It's pretty empty up there. I just have to check what steel is near it.

I put mine here:

2gtnn2u.jpg
[/IMG]

Adahars install

Hi again: My RV6 is also flying and I will have to run back of the bulkhead with the static line as well as fwd with the wiring from the ADAHARS. My plan is to remove the wing root fairing and install the OAT probe on the bottom of the RH wing and once again run the OAT wiring to the back of the bulkhead. I was hoping to find someone with a workable plan that would preclude all the back and forth wiring. So far I like the idea of two 3/4 angles supporting the ADAHARS.

Will this location allow you to install the test jumper when the display units are first turned on? I think the ADAHAR units need to be accessible.

Yes, through the "lightening hole" in the aft deck area. I will have to remove the fairing in the back for future maintenance. However, it won't get installed until just prior to first flight.

There is no test jumper on the ADAHARS. You do not need to get to it to do anything in normal operation or setup.

There is a connector for the OAT on the ADAHRS if that is what you are thinking of, but this can be wired and left alone.

Location in a 7 or 9?

Building a RV-9A Tip up, with manual elevator trim. All top skins riveted on except one just behind canopy. Considering pitch autopilot servo, elevator trim cable, and steel shoulder harness cables, where is the suggested location for the Skyview ADAHRS module? Short of going all the way to the tail bulkhead (which does not look to be a very serviceable location to mount an electronics module), there does not look to be an ideal location. Anybody mounted module in a -7 or -9 with manual elevator trim?

Thanks
Alan Jackson