chris mitchell

Well Known Member
Patron
What is going to be the "best" way to install this system? I have backup steam Dynon 180, ASI and altimeter, and a transponder. The tubing is all installed - static tubing comes out of the left gear tower and the AOA and dynnamic tubes out of the right (congestion at the base of the left tower necessitated some rerouting).

AOA tube goes only to the Dynon; dynamic pressure to the Dynon and ASI; and static pressure needs to go to altimeter, ASI, Dynon and transponder. So I need one three-way connector for Dynamic pressure tube and three for the static. The SafeAir three-way fittings are quite neat and have an integral bolt - so I could bolt them to the bulkhead ahead of the instrument panel and then run tubes back to each instrument, making the link from the fitting to instrument overlong to create a service loop. Or I could leave it all free-floating which I think will look kind of gash, but I suppose would be simple.

I've been staring at this all evening but can't commit to one or the other - am I making this too complicated and are there alternatives?

Thanks,

Chris

I am a long way from that point, but. A friend is doing a QB 8A and bolted his to the lower panel in front of his instrument panel. He opted to do the 'trap door' on the upper panel. He can access everything from that panel. I like the setup.