mikeangiulo

I'm installing the ground adjustable rudder pedals in my QB8. There are a couple of rivets that I have to drill out and replace with flush rivets. The problem that I'm having is that the rudder pedal anchor angles seem to line up almost exactly over these holes - the plans show them being inboard of each of the existing holes and I don't know whether I'm just supposed to rivet the pedal rails to the holes that are already there.

I know this would be easier to understand with a picture but if you did this step this might be enough to jog your memory

Use the old holes

I'm installing the ground adjustable rudder pedals in my QB8. There are a couple of rivets that I have to drill out and replace with flush rivets. The problem that I'm having is that the rudder pedal anchor angles seem to line up almost exactly over these holes - the plans show them being inboard of each of the existing holes and I don't know whether I'm just supposed to rivet the pedal rails to the holes that are already there.

I know this would be easier to understand with a picture but if you did this step this might be enough to jog your memory

Use the old holes -- you don't have to drill any new ones. At least that's what I did. Here's a pic:

pedals2-w.jpg

pedals4-w.jpg

Last edited:
That is exactly what I needed to see. Thanks for taking the pictures for me! I went out and drilled the forward rivets and installed it the same way. I was pacing circles around this step for a while now because the plans didn't make sense - you've unblocked me. Thank you!

That is exactly what I needed to see. Thanks for taking the pictures for me! I went out and drilled the forward rivets and installed it the same way. I was pacing circles around this step for a while now because the plans didn't make sense - you've unblocked me. Thank you!

You're welcome. If you get stuck again, you can check my website at http://rv8.gwevans.net for more pictures...

Last edited: