agirard7a

Well Known Member
OK folks, having a very difficult time removing my chuck from my Souix palm drill in order to install a keyless chuck. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks, al

OK folks, having a very difficult time removing my chuck from my Souix palm drill in order to install a keyless chuck. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks, al

Al, take a large allen wrench and chuck it with the short end forward. Secure the drill in a vice with rags. Take a large hammer and smack the short end of the chucked allen wrench so that the chuck turns in a counterclockwise direction as viewed straight on. This will break the chuck free and it should turn freely after that.

I had a wrench from some harbor freight tool that was little more than a thick piece of sheet metal. I'm thinking it was from an HVLP gun or the pneumatic rivet puller, but I don't remember for certain. Anyways, it fit behind the chuck perfectly and by putting the allen wrench in the jaws it came off without a problem.

Having said all of that, I wish you better luck than I had. I switched to a rohm chuck and the bits would loosen up in short order and fall out so I ended up going back.