tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
After reading every post I could find here on the mounting location of the flowscan device I decided to install it in the fuel hose running from the mechanical pump to the fuel injector body.

In order to install the flowscan device in accordance with manufacturers instructions, it has to be in the hose, not on either end. So, I took the hose to an A&P to have the hose cut and made into two hoses between which the flowscan device could be mounted. (I hope this makes sense).

After cutting the hose through the firesleeve the A&P realizes that it has a braided cover and he is unable to put ends on it. Hose shops all tell me that they cannot "repair" a hose but would be happy of course to make me a new one for lots of $$$$

So, I have the vans hose which of course is not made by vans, cut in half....
and need to find a way to have steel end fittings put on each of the ends where the cut was made.

This cannot be a new problem since many of us, perhaps even most, use fuel flow sensors installed in a fuel line.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Tony

Maybe contact Tom at tsflightlines he makes hoses for lots of people here and maybe able to advise you.

I know on my RV I need a vans line made shorter and a local hose maker cut and put a new end on for me without any problems. Or you could buy the aeroquipe fitting and do it yourself.

Cheers

Peter