prkaye

Well Known Member
My D-180 from Stein came with an internal Li-Ion backup battery wrapped in a seperate bubble-wrap bag. I assume I have to install this into the D-180 myself?
I can't find any instructions for doing this... do I have to physically open the D-180 to do this? Strange that it wouldn't come installed...

There is a small access panel on the side which is easy to remove . Inside is the mate to the connector on the battery. Connect, slide battery inside, reinstall access panel and you're done. Very simple. So simple, even a cave man can do it?

They used to ship installed, but since the shipping services saw fit to turn on a number of customer units and run the battery dead in transit we now ship them separate most of the time. It's a quick and easy install too.

Cheers,
Stein

Last edited:
ah, makes sense. Thanks. I installed my battery and turned-on the unit for the first time. On the EFIS display the tape on the left hand side and the AOA indicator is not displaying properly. Is this simply because the unit isn't connected to the remote compass and the pitot/AOA probe? Also a faint "click" sound comes from the unit every few seconds... normal?
Here's the display I see:

The click is normal, and the way the airspeed tape is displayed is also normal.