macrafic

Well Known Member
For those of you who have obtained and installed your fuel lines from Bonaco.

How did you get the lines through the brackets on the front side of the main spar (where they go as they make their way from the fuel selector to the fuselage side)? The hole is drilled to 1/2", with a grommet further reducing the hole size. The fuel line from Bonaco is 1/2" and the pre-installed end fittings are larger than that.

Did you drill out the hole bigger, enough to fit the fuel line end fittings through? Routed around, instead of through, the brackets, somehow attaching the line and bracket?

Appreciate your feedback!

I did drill the hole bigger to clear the fittings on the end. If I remember right, I had to use a dremel tool to creep the hole down a bit, becasue if I had just enlarged it, it would have cut into the hole above.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Next question is how to go thru the fuselage

So after you get thru the brackets, how do you go thru the side of fuselage. I ran the Bonaco lines out thru the 1 inch hole, but on closer examination, I don't like it, so I'm thinking about putting an AN bulkhead fitting on the fuselage and cutting my Bonaco lines into two; one inside from selector to side of fuselage and one outside from fuselage to tank. But how do I deal with the double wall of aluminum to install the fitting? And . . .

. . . I'm reading posts that say the straight line from fusleage to tank, outside the fuselalge will not work due to relative motion between tank and fuselage.

Ideas and comments appreciated.