SgtZim

Well Known Member
I'll just leave this as a comment since I searched the forums and couldn't find a similar query.

I'm building an RV-8 and ordered the electric aileron trim with the kits. Van's kit directions and plan sheet are for a retrofit installation and aren't clear about how to install during construction. The ribs shown on OP-1 are different - the current ribs supplied with the kit have lightening holes and holes (oval) for the electric trim setup. Van's also prepunches some guide holes for the kit brackets - all parts fit nicely, but I had to contact Van's to verify.

I don't know how long ago they changed the setup, but some notes on the plans would be nice. It's a time saver having the holes punched, but I wasted as much time I guess, staring at the plans and trying to make measurements.

If you want to see how my stuff looks I'll be posting pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/BZsRVproject/

Zim

G'day Zim,
I spent a lot of time measuring my QB fuse, only to find the pre punched holes. They all line up ok. Clecoed the brackets/templates in place and drilled them. They came out fine.