Geico266

Well Known Member
After I installed a new Catto 2 blade prop I need to build a new spinner. I think I can use the same forward and main spinner bulk heads as the prop thickness is the same as the Catto, in fact I used the same bolts.

How do I locate the existing screw holes in the new spinner? Can I do this by leaving the prop on the plane? I'm trying to wrap my mind around how to cut the new spinner. Any advice / tips would be greatly appreciated.

I used a screw sharpened to a point, and put it backwards through the nut plate into the spinner for marks.

L.Adamson

I used a screw sharpened to a point, and put it backwards through the nut plate into the spinner for marks.

L.Adamson

That is a great idea! Any advice on the forward spinner? This has got me baffeled. How about taping a small flash light to the forward spinner to shine through the screw hole? :confused:

That is a great idea! Any advice on the forward spinner? This has got me baffeled. How about taping a small flash light to the forward spinner to shine through the screw hole? :confused:

I replaced the semi see through fiberglass spinner with an aluminum one. My forward plate ( or what ever it's called) was replaced. The flashlight would most likely work.

L.Adamson