Steve RV6

I have an RV6 that I recently installed a newly overhauled 0-320 on. The firstt couple of flights showed normal/good fuel pressure and oil pressure readings. Then I was asked if I had installed the fuel/oil restrictor fittings on the engine accessory case (for the oil) and the same fitting on the fuel pump. (I have the Van's electronic gauges and sending units). I had not installed those so I bought them and installed....now I have fuel pressure readings over 30 and my oil pressure is very close to redline at 2,300 rpm. Is this normal? If anyone has suggestions please let me know (probably go to a better gauge?)
Thanks.

restrictor fittings

I would not think the restrictor fitting would yield a higher or lower readings on either fuel or oil pressure if they are installed in the line where they go directly to the transmitter( ie sender) . Without flow in the line the restrictor should not increase or decrease the pressure reading . They will however level out any fluctuations or spikes you might have in pressure. The restrictor should be on a " dead end line " going only to the sender and not on a line which will normally have flow ( not pressure) to some other component.