SLO_pilot

I'm New Here
Hello,
I'm getting ready for the first flight of an RV7A, and am trying to find someone willing to take me flying in their -7A or -6A for a couple hours before first flight. I am based KSBP, central coast of california. My day job is flying (business jets), and I am a CFI, CFII, MEI. I am current and fly piston airplanes regularly, but have zero time in an RV. I currently own a Maule, and could come to you anywhere in CA. If you need a BFR we could get that done at the same time. Any interest?

Well, can't help too much there but maybe you'll gimme a ride some day in your 7A! I'm an Archer flyin' RV wannabe just over the hill in Paso.

Steve

Welcome !!!!

Hey Ben, welcome to VAF.

Good to have you aboard.

Give Randy Thorne a call. 209-337-8331.

Lived in Los Osos in a prior life.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike,
Randy will fly with me next wedensday. Rides will be available as soon as we fly our 40 hours off. Thought we'd get 20 hours since it's a new engine from Van's, and the Sensenich prop that vans sells for that engine...but technically the prop is not a "certified" prop. oh well.:confused:

The Sensenich prop for the 150/160 hp engines is certificated, but not the 180 hp version.

look-see

SLO Pilot,
You are the builder? I'm assuming so since you're flying off the initial hours.
Would love to look at your plane some time if you don't mind showing off your work.
Steve KPRB