Mich48041

Well Known Member
Friend
Inspect the bottom two holes of channel F-1203G for LP4-3 rivets. This vertical channel is inside of the cockpit against the outside skin and it is riveted to the F-1203A bulkhead below the pilot's knees. Step 3 on page 23-04 says to rivet this channel to the bulkhead, but there are no rivets called out for the bottom two holes. If you missed the note elsewhere on the drawing where it says to use LP4-3 unless otherwise called out, you might have left the bottom two rivets out of F-1203G. Once the side skin is in place, it is much harder to rivet.
Joe

YEP

I noticed them a few days ago. I think we were supposed to assume they needed riveting when installing that piece. Good note.

John Bender

good catch!

I left these 2 rivets open assuming there was a future purpose. Your point is well made and I had forgotten to take care of these 2. My close-quarter hand riveter worked well on the one but would not fit in to get the outboard rivet. Had to remove that one skin rivet blocking the squeezer, which worked well. Then replaced the skin rivet. Done! Thanks for the heads-up. Scott :)

I cheated

If you put a small washer or two over the stem, then pull it - works well.

John Bender