Louavul

Well Known Member
Curious if anyone has any experience/impressions/thoughts on the Insight G1 Engine Monitor (EGT/CHT only) or the Insight company as a whole.

I only learned of this company by word of mouth from a fellow RVer who saw them at Airventure. I don't see much if any advertising except their web site and not much on the Google.

Thinking of replacing my current 4 way EGT/CHT 2.25 inch temp gauge that is often confused and essentially unusable.

As always, Thanks!

Hey Steven

I have an Insight G2 installed in my Maule with CHT/EGT on all six cylinders, OAT, Carb Temp, and fuel flow. I only have about 140 hours on the unit but it seems rock solid, easy to read, and has a leaning feature. I don't know if you watch 310Pilot on Youtube, but he has the G4 in his C310.

I haven't had any service issues so I can't comment on their customer service but emails to them asking questions get answered pretty quick

Cheers

Fan

I'm a big fan of Insight engine monitors - mainly the ability to monitor probe health to analyze a probe failure over an engine problem.

I also would like to explore the vibration analysis and forces ability.

Note that I don't think it displays fuel pressure unless you can configure it through an aux input but I don't think you can.