Oddly enough, though the image link seem Ok, it keeps taking me to my own pictures. Anyway, you may have to hone the gear leg down a bit. Both of the ones on my -6A required this. First, use a Dremel or similar to put a slight chamfer around the socket openings, just to make sure no powdercoat is interfering. Then take some emery cloth and polish the gear leg. Clean thoroughly, oil lightly, and try again. Rinse and repeat until it fits. It took a few repetitions on my gear legs to get it to fit right. Better to sneak up on it than take too much at once and have it fit loosely.

Robin, purchase a big blue Mark-A-Lot and paint the leg till it is all blue. Then slide it in and remove it and look for skuffs in the blue. Sand down just that spot, the re-blue and try again. Looks like you are really close.

Clean off all of the blue when you are done.

I installed the main gear legs last week. All I did was squirt a bit of WD-40 into the gear bracket, then try, try, and try again to get the "angle if the dangle" just right to allow the top portion to slide in. Once you manage that, she's apples.

For some reason, the left gear leg fought me every inch of the way. The right one slid in easy as you please once you got the angle right.

Last edited:
It is recommended that you coat the parts with grease before installing, helps with installation and preservation.