OH BOY TROUBLEMAKER

The word Innodyne sure seems to stir folks up. You might want to rethink this post. I know from experience.

LOL, I sure hope not. I don't care if people think the turbine works or not, or weather it's a good fit for an RV. I was just wondering if anyone had talked to them lately to see if they are even still in buisness. A website that hasn't been updated in a while doesn't tell me much.

Inodyne is dead. I know the guy who bought it and he has realized this thing is never going to work. Don

Yes probably lots of them.

I am wondering if the guy with the RV 8 ever got his plane back from them.

money

I was talking to them some time back. They wanted to get a down payment bad!. they had a off airport landing in the -4 from a engine shuting down. That was all it took for me.

may have the answer

i heard it was a copy of another brand. they were told they would be sued if they produced it. not a good way to start up production. there is a need for small turbines of about 100 hp to 200 hp. the experimental helo guys could use a good turbine. single seat = one 100hp engine/ two seat = two 100 hp engines. imagine twin turbine engine RV. one engine quits and you still have 100hp left.

From what I understand the "core" of the engine was a copy of the Solair turbine. Maybe they decided they wanted some of the pie.

Solar Turbine

From what I understand the "core" of the engine was a copy of the Solair turbine. Maybe they decided they wanted some of the pie.

I don't think it was a "copy" of a Solar unit, it was a Solar core, they have been around for years as auxiliary power units. Innodyn probably got a strong letter from the legal department at Caterpillar, Solar's parent company.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA