ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
I started thinking about the cowling this last week, and noticed that the left/right inlet ducts for my -6A are different. The left-hand duct that is to be attached to the top cowling is shorter than the right by a good amount (>1"). The curious thing is that I would have thought that the left duct would have extended further in, since the left cylinder bank of the IO-360 is further aft than the right bank. I didn't see any reference to the locations of these ducts on DWG 63 (cowling) other than a small diagram of how to attach them.

Would I be correct in assuming that fore/aft positioning for these ducts isn't that critical?

I remember mine came out that way and I thought it was curious, but, the plane flew fine and cooling seemed to be just fine, too.

Roberta

I remember mine came out that way and I thought it was curious, but, the plane flew fine and cooling seemed to be just fine, too.

Roberta

Thanks - I feel a bit better that I'm not the only one to have noticed this. I was primarily concerned about cooling but since that doesn't seem to be an issue there isn't anything to get concerned about.

Thanks!