airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I'm looking at a possible purchase of an IO360B1B with Bendix fuel injection (vertical intake sump), and I want to end up with horizontal draft. I have the Superior IO360 horizontal draft sump to replace the one on the engine currently - will the Bendix system be adaptable to that change or will I have to start over with a completely different injection system?

I think you need the sump from an IO-360-A (-A1B6, A3B6, perhaps A1A etc). The proper injector for that one is a Bendix (now Precision) RSA-5AD1. PM me for photos of ours.

Injector servos are not affected by orientation, the bigger issues will be will it physically fit in that orientation and if you can adapt the throttle/mixture controls and fuel inlet/outlet postions to work.

Last edited:
The superior sump will work perfectly with the Precision/Bendix fuel injection servo. you may need different hoses that supply the servo and the flow divider due to the changed location of the servo but other than that it will fit fine.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Thanks guys - this would be an engine for install into my 9A which is not quite ready to accept it yet, so I don't have hoses/cables installed yet. I was just wanting to know if I would need to change the servo.