KayS

Well Known Member
Ok, hereby i have to officially admit that my knowledge about airplane engines is somewhere at the zero level. so please don't laugh.

here's my question: i bought an io-375 that hangs already at the airplane. a fuel line is running from the boost pump through the firewall to the mechanical fuel pump and from there to a thing that is at the bottom of the engine. i expect that this is the throttle body. through the same thing the air comes in. :)
on top of the engine sits the injection distributor. another funny device from where you can see four lines running to each cylinder.

so, do i have to run i fuel line from whereever to the injection distributor? does the engine gets it's fuel from both sources?

sorry for the dumb question... i am still in the basic learning process.

Kay

FI

The thing at the bottom of the engine is called the servo. It contains sensors, diaphrams and a butterfly valve. It senses the amount of air being drawn by the engine and the diaphrams allow the correct proportion of fuel to go to the distributor or spyder on top of the enigine. Sounds like it is plumbed properly to me. Check that you have adequate fuel filters between the tank and the servo.

Check here:
http://www.precisionairmotive.com/
go to Catalog
then Manuals
and have a read through
15-812_B RSA Fuel Injection System Training Manual

thank you. ok, bbut there is no connection between the servo and the injection distributor at all. do i have to plumb a fuel line here?

....so, do i have to run i fuel line from whereever to the injection distributor? does the engine gets it's fuel from both sources?

sorry for the dumb question... i am still in the basic learning process.

Kay

1. yes you will need a fuel line from the servo underneath to the spider on top.
2. the engine only gets fuel from the top.

3. no dumb questions......but I will say fuel systems are very important and best to have someone knowledgeable help you set it up properly.

You do need a line between the servo and flow divider (spider). Typically this line is routed throught the inter cylinder baffles between the number one and three cylinders and should be fire sleeved. If that line isn't there then look in your package of engine goodies for it or call the people who built the engine. Usually it would have been installed when the builder ran the engine....

Cheers,

Stein

now the picture gets more clear. thank you. i'll ask aerosport how to run the fuel line between the servo and the spider.

i love this forum

You'll find Bart to be very helpful and he'll probably clear it up for you right away -good choice on engine builder! 'course so are Mahlon & Barret as well :)

Cheers,
Stein