rmartingt

Well Known Member
I suddenly realized first flight may be within reach this year, so now I'm slowly churning my way through CARES trying to get my registration info figured out. I'm using a non-standard engine that started life as an O-360-A1A and was field overhauled with the help of an experienced A&P friend but was modified with SDS EFI and a cold-air sump, so it's not necessarily a Lycoming really. How should I enter that on the form, for manufacturer and model? I was just going to call it an EIO-360...

What’s listed on the engine data plate?
Nothing yet. The parts we built it up from didn't have a data plate with them. Was going to make it an "Experimental" engine but that's not listed on the web form and there's no "other' field. There's a "none" option but I don't know if that means "no manufacturer" or "no engine" and I am not sure I want to experiment with it and wind up delaying my registration to the point it becomes a problem.

(note to self: put "make and install engine data plate" on to-do list...)

Well, a carb isn't a part from Lycoming, so I don't think putting some other brand of 'carb' onto it matters any more than installing Electronic Ignition.
I still call mine a Lycoming even though I've got Bendix FI installed which this model never had.

Sounds like it is a Lycoming O-360, that would be simplest, because if not then "what" is it? If there isn't a need to complicate it, then don't. ;)