DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
I was recently given an older Ingersoll Rand angle drill. It needs new gears in the drill head, or simply a new head. Anyone have a source for parts and/or repairs?

Dan Horton

Source for Ingersoll Rand parts.

Go to Grainger.com, and look for the repair parts section. They have parts for Ingersoll Rand air tools.

I'm almost positive that Avery Tools does pneumatic tool repairs. They're also RV builders.

***EDIT: Dan hit the nail that I missed - Clear Air Tools is who I was thinking of... but I typed Avery, since their catalog was the last tool-related thing I'd looked at. Guess that's what happens when you post at 2AM after being up for many many hours... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I know it is cheaper and easier to just buy a new one, but a lot of my tools are much like the "special parts" on airplanes in another thread. A great many of them were given to me across the years, usually by older guys whose skills I admired. I think of them when I pick up that tool. This old IR drill comes from a guy I think of as the best of the best. I want to fix it. Even if I can't get it repaired it will get a spot on the wall.

It is not just tools of course. The upper shop wall displays things like my grandfather's last hard hat (bridgeman, Golden Gate, Verrazanos Narrows, etc) and a great friend's F-104 ejection seat spurs. Gone but not forgotten.

Dan Horton