I have been through that area of TN and is beautiful, but it is bit more remote than the website would lead you to believe. IMHO it would take more than $700K to be there with home and hangar. Of course, coming from CA that probably doesn't sound too bad. :rolleyes: If you are just looking to move east to a no income tax state I like this place better www.whifferdill.com

Steve
KMEM soon to be at Whifferdill
N174AS
RV7

Thanks

Guys, thanks for the responses.

I dont have any plans to re-locate at this time, but it the "right" thing came up, well, who knows????

Sure is beautiful country there-------------

Mike

Sure is beautiful country...

Yes, it sure is pretty here. Please don't tell anyone. There are too many 'feriners' moving in here every day. Most seem to be from florida, but a few are even from California. One of the most shocking things you'd have to get used to here is having complete strangers smile at you and saying "hay". (That's east Tennessee for hello.)

Yes - the South is beautiful... but, be forewarned by this East Texas Refugee. They have BUGS and SNAKES! Mosquito's, ticks, chiggers, etc. that will eat you alive! And an occasional copperhead, water moccasin, coral snake, timber rattler and any other reptilian slithery thing to amuse you! :eek: Oh, and THEN... there is the humidity...

God I miss it! :D

The best airpark yet

I have actually visited here and have toured the land. It is a very beautiful place even though all the roads haven't been paved yet. They have a really nice log home welcome center and a few other log homes and timber frame houses going up. The land has beautiful rolling hills with creeks and water falls. The location is right next to the big south for park, one of the best parks I have seen. The airpark is next to a small town and 45 minute drive to north Knoxville, TN. It is also off of a very safe FAA runway with instrument approaches, fuel and King Air maintenance. Also Tennessee has no income tax. What else could you ask for? I am buying a lot and will retire there.

I have been through that area of TN and is beautiful, but it is bit more remote than the website would lead you to believe. IMHO it would take more than $700K to be there with home and hangar. Of course, coming from CA that probably doesn't sound too bad. :rolleyes: If you are just looking to move east to a no income tax state I like this place better www.whifferdill.com

Steve
KMEM soon to be at Whifferdill
N174AS
RV7
Steve, did you end up moving to Whifferdill? If not, why not and what did you choose? I'm considering Big South Fork...

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,
Yes, I did move to Whifferdill (TN77). I completed the hangar in August 2008 and moved into the house in December.

Also Tennessee has no income tax. What else could you ask for? I am buying a lot and will retire there.

Well not entirely.... There's sales tax on just about everything,food included. If your retirement money is investment income, then there is a personal income tax also known as the "Hall tax". Just be aware of this and see how it calculates out for you. I will say that The Cumberland plateau is really nice and Big South Fork is spectacular. This area is relatively remote, and in winter time, the snow and ice and downed trees can overwealm the DOT crews and you may be snowed in awhile with or without power. A small snow event here cripples everything and induces panic buying of bread, milk, diapers, cigarettes, and beer beforehand. It's pretty comical except I work in public service and have to deal with it. We do however need more RV's in E.TN. and welcome all.:)