Tom Martin

Well Known Member
I wonder if anyone has the part number for the #4 switch on the Infinity stick grip. I use this switch for the autopilot disconnect. It is labelled as a 8632 but there are many variations of this switch. I find the Infinity website very difficult to navigate. If I had the full part number from a switch I might be able to find it locally. Thanks in advance.

ps, the switch has worked for almost six years and 600 hours

APEM

Tom, the switch is the 8000 series APEM at www.apem.com. The last digit is what determines whether it is momentary/ON or OFF/ON. The "2" is MOM and the "6" is OFF/ON or as they say, ON/ON. You should be able to get it at Mouser or Digikey. Also, Aircraft Spruce sells them (on the Infinity grip page). You want the manufacturer's part number 8632. :)

P.S. I note that Spruce sells them for $11.75, p/n 11-00218, in case you can't find them locally. The full part number might be 8632AB, which just means they have silver contacts and are epoxy sealed.

Last edited:
Pat
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I never thought of looking for the part at Aircraft Spruce. The canadian outlet is 40nm from me and will provide another excellent reason to have lunch at Brantford CYFD.
Thanks again; a very helpful reply.

Hey Tom - I have bought all my Infinity replacment/upgrade parts through ACS, and they are all perfect fits - they get them from Infinity directly, and are MUCH easier to buy (from ACS).

Paul

Tom, the switch is the 8000 series APEM at www.apem.com. The last digit is what determines whether it is momentary/ON or OFF/ON. The "2" is MOM and the "6" is OFF/ON or as they say, ON/ON. You should be able to get it at Mouser or Digikey. Also, Aircraft Spruce sells them (on the Infinity grip page). You want the manufacturer's part number 8632. :)

P.S. I note that Spruce sells them for $11.75, p/n 11-00218, in case you can't find them locally. The full part number might be 8632AB, which just means they have silver contacts and are epoxy sealed.
Hmmm, this got me to wondering if anyone knows if I could replace the flap switch on my infinity switch. If so, what switch do I need for a (MOM)ON-OFF-(MOM)ON to replace my (LOCKED)ON-OFF-(MOM)ON that came with the grip. I have been able to work with the existing switch but I have no limit switch in the circuit so when I go to pull the flaps up by engaging the (LOCKED)ON up motion I have to make sure I remember to disengage the switch once the flaps are retracted. This opens itself up for human error. I would like to change this.

I will search on Aircraft Spruce, but in the meantime does anyone know if this change is possible and, if so, what is the part # for the switch I may need?