Skyflyer

Well Known Member
Friend
As I was preparing to drill my bent and appropriately shortened pilot?s stick to attach the Infinity grip, it occurred to me that I probably wanted the grip rotated slightly on the stick to better fit my right hand. I know that other builders have done this and I wonder how it has worked out. Does the change in axis lead to errors or is it easily accommodated? Would you do it again, or do you wish you had done in the first place?

Chuck

i slid the grip onto the stick installed in the plane and moved the controls around a bit and then marked a reference line on the stick aligned with the joint line of the grip. Turns out for me about 10 degrees of left twist was my natural hand position. I haven't flow my -8 for real yet but the grip feels perfect while sitting in the garage making airplane and machine gun noises :)

Infinity Grip Orientation

I fly left handed and have rotated my Infinity grip so that it comfortably fits into my hand without any bend in my wrist while my elbow is at my side. I had no problems getting accustomed to it and stick control is natural.

I fly right handed and so rotated the grip clockwise(as you look down on it) so that my wrist was straight. I guess 10 -15 degrees or so. It feels very comfortable. I don't know that I fly eg loops any more accurately tho....

Chris

Last edited:
do the twist

My favorite bit of advice was to just test the natural fit by closing your eyes and just seeing what felt natural. Then mark it and go with that. For me, it was in the 25-30 deg range. I have 120 hours of flying behind it now. It feels natural. If anything, I'd have added a touch more twist.

Don

Thanks

Looks like it is unanimous. I find about 30-35 degrees feels right on the mock up in the plane so that's what it will be. Thanks for the advice guys.

Chuck