miyu1975

Well Known Member
Any builders and or flying 7s or 8s in Indianapolis. If so I would love to get a ride some time and check out the building process. I am starting my 7 this fall after I finish my instrument rating. I live on the east side and fly out of HFY.

Builders

Any builders and or flying 7s or 8s in Indianapolis. If so I would love to get a ride some time and check out the building process. I am starting my 7 this fall after I finish my instrument rating. I live on the east side and fly out of HFY.

You might want to check out these guys for building process issues/training. I attended their builders training class last fall and highly recommend Troy and his crew.
http://www.grov-air.com/

Last edited:
There are many RV and Rocket builders in Indy. I just left Greenwood and moved to Martinsville II87. There are several in the hangars there at Greenwood. Jim Truitt has an RV-8 with a military scheme in the second row of new hangars and down about three more rows is Brad (forgot last name) who flies a Red, White, and Blue RV-8. There are also a couple of RV-4s on the field. That's just at Greenwood. There are 4-5 RVs at Mt. Comfort, 3 down at Franklin, 4-6 at Hendricks County, and about two dozen more scattered around central Indiana.

Head over to Putnam County airport most Saturday mornings or Columbus on Sunday around noon to meet up with the group.

You might want to check out these guys for building process issues/training. I attended their builders training class last fall and highly recommend Troy and his crew.
http://www.grov-air.com/

That's Troy Grover. His RV is at Hendricks County. I haven't seen him lately but he usually makes the bigger get-togethers like the corn roast at Shelbyville in June.

I would sure like to know when the Corn Roast is going to be held. I am a displaced Hoosier living in VA. and grew up on corn roasts and State Fairs.
Looked on the June calendar and did not see it posted. Anyone know when it is going to be ???

Bill