Bob_pipedream

Hi all,

Thought I would start a new thread for this as it may be a very short thread - it is linked to my engine running rough mixture rich thread...

Engine Superior XP O-320 (carb) parts kit supplied 2007

I have had a look at the induction tubes and there appears to be a mismatch where they join the rubber tube joints to the sump. The induction tubes look to be about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch too long and the rubber is taking up the step. There are no leaks, but it does look 'not right'. Superior have said that I have the right part numbers etc. but it may be that they have been fitted wrong (the recess not engaged to the tube). As it is on all four, I do not think this to be the case, so just wondering if anyone else has noticed a mismatch?

Solution will not be easy unless I can use different thickness gaskets. Otherwise I will have to take them to the machine shop at some point.

This may not be helping the fuel distribution in the engine.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi all,

Kind of quiet about this, am starting to get very suspicious about my intake tubes as they really do not look right and there is a very definite front rear split between the cylinders. Fronts have a very sooty exhaust pipe where as rears do not. Front cylinders have a large step between the sump tubes and induction (intake) tubes. Also front cylinder have very low CHT and EGT at high speed 140kts+ but everything is even below this speed.

So now very tempted to cut the tubes and get them re-welded. They are stainless steel, so I will get a TIG welder to do it neatly.

What do you all think?