Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Before I fly off for the day into the blue Texas sky, I have to take a minute and remind myself of who's really important today.....

img0357iy5.jpg

My long-suffering mother still worries about me when I fly, but after 35 years, just as in the beginning, she knows how important it is to me....and while she still wants a call from me when I complete a long trip, she would never wish that I wasn't out and up there, because of the happiness it gives....

Thanks Mom! :D

To Mom

I lost my mother 15 years ago at the age of 92. I have a video of her last plane ride when she was 91.5 years old. She had a blast. She was hard of hearing but with the head set on she could hear better during flight than anytime on the ground. Over the years she rode with me several times and always enjoyed it.
Take your mom for a plane ride in smooth air. She most likely will enjoy it, mine always did. :) I wish I could do it again.
Here's to MOMS everywhere.

RV-9A flying and having a ball.

If you never tell a lie, you don't have to try to remember what you said.

The one and only time I took my mother for a ride. She's 85 and had to pull herself up backwards on a Warrior wing. But she wanted that ride. And I gave her the plane to fly for a few minutes. I think she liked it.

13_smiliey_flier_collins.jpg

You know, the one negative thing about an RV? It's almost impossible for an old person to get in one.

Moms Rock!

Virginia Reeves: Best Mom in the world and Dale Earnhart, Jr's #1 fan.

76.jpg

Moms and moms-in-law

Hi guys:

My 89 year old mother in law has always liked to going flying with me. She lives in Michigan and only visits us a couple times a year but I have taken her flying 3 times in the back of the RV-4. It is challenge to get her in the airplane since getting in the rear pit of the -4 is not easy for someone with limber limbs much less a gramma who broke her hip 4 years ago. The first time she flew in the -4, I thought we might have to call the fire department to get her out but we did it.

You are only as old as you feel!!

Doug Weiler
Hudson, WI
N722DW, 375 hrs

ginnyeq2.jpg

My mother is 87 and still loves to ride in the -6. No problem getting in or out.
BTW, she has never flown in any airplane where I wasn't PIC.