sbal0906

Well Known Member
In the -12 thread they were talking about numbers sold, so in case anyone's curious, the -9 empennage I received last week made me customer #92012.

Cheers,

I'm 91894 and that was around Aug. 2009.

2012 will be an easy number to remember.

My builder number is 91240 from 8/1/2005. That's 772 tail kits since that date, or 64 months, divided into 772 kits, is an average of 12 tail kits per months sold. Pretty impressive.

Finishing Kits?

I wonder how many finishing kits have been sold. That will be a better indicator how many to expect in the air at some point. My number is 90696 and I was the third person who acquired that particular empennage kit number. The first person sold the empennage kit. The second person did the empennage and started on the wings. I acquired the kit and bought an unstarted empennage kit from someone in the state to gain experience before continuing and have made it to the finishing stages. I'm just hoping by the time I'm finished I will actually be able to afford to fly it. At times I'm not so sure.

I wonder how many finishing kits have been sold. That will be a better indicator how many to expect in the air at some point. My number is 90696 and I was the third person who acquired that particular empennage kit number. The first person sold the empennage kit. The second person did the empennage and started on the wings. I acquired the kit and bought an unstarted empennage kit from someone in the state to gain experience before continuing and have made it to the finishing stages. I'm just hoping by the time I'm finished I will actually be able to afford to fly it. At times I'm not so sure.

Good point. According to Van's website, there are 657 9/9As flying which is about 33% counting mine, assuming everyone who is flying has reported in.

My builder number is 90438....I can't seem to forget that number even though I rarely use it anymore. Must be from 5 years of placing orders with VANS.

My number is 91256, makes me grin every time I come across it. I swore up and down that I would never do that again. Now I find myself looking up performance numbers on other RV?s (must be going crazy). I love the way that birdie handles (9SV).

Mine is a rather old kit at 90737.

It makes me wonder who has 707, 727, 747, 757, 767, & 777.

(Update: Just checked the dates on my website and on 5/4/03 I was working on the HS.)

Last edited:
90709 here. Thought I would be done before the corresponding date, but nope. Started in 2003. I Hope to have first engine start within 2011. We'll see.

You guys make me (and my kit) feel ancient!

My kit number is 90116 and arrived about March of 2000 I believe...man has it been that long?!!!! I still hope for a first engine start this summer with my Mazda 13B rotary...time wil tell... :)

Fly safe out there!

Doug Lomheim
FWF / electrical

Ours is 90775. Started in 2003. We took over in November 2007. First flight was Fathers Day 2010:D

Ken9

I'm 91201. Tail kit received September 2005, first flight July 20, 2010.
110 Hobbs hours so far and still have the big grin ;)

Bought hardly-started tail kit number 90174 last summer. I'm the third owner. Still working on the HS. When you need one, any excuse will do. So, I guess I'll say the cold weather has been holding me back some... Yeah, that's the ticket! :eek: