RickWoodall

Well Known Member
I used the internal rudder stops on my build and therefore cannot use the pins others use for rudder locking when parked outside at other airports. I do use the AIRGIZMO gustlock at the top of the rudder, but really dont like it much, and certainly dont trust it as primary.

I have seen pics of pvc contraptions builders have made up that basically lock both rudder pedals and jam against spar bulkhead covers.

Anyone have some good pics to help me fabricate up a set of light and cheap pedal locks or have other ideas to keep the big 9 tail from getting abused in a wind when unattended?

Thanks!

It's a good way to go

I built mine of the same (plastic) materials, but with one side straight. It does the job very well and is pretty much impossible to forget. I use the lap belt for the ailerons. Also impossible to forget. Both put the stresses where they belong and have some cushion effect, too. They also won't vanish when parked. KISS. Thanks again to the Checca's.

build an entire plane by hand out of aluminum and precision parts, and when creating a rudder gust lock we use PVC pipes?

I use my tow bar.The open end goes on the rudder peddals and the T handle goes to the seat back. Just wrap the seat belt over the stick & tow bar.
Locks the rudder, ailerons and elevator.