BlackRV7

Well Known Member
OK, I've seen/heard/read/dreamed (stretching it there:) about putting the impulse mag harness on the top plugs only with the right mag (looking at it from the the rear of the engine) on the bottom only. Obviously, the harnesses are marked T4, T2, B3, B1 and B4, B2, T3, T1. Put them is this orientation, the arguement is you get a more consistantly close drop between left and right. The assumption; the bottom plugs are more likely to get oil fouled due to gravity.

Current pros, cons to harness indicated orientation or top/bottom only???

Just food for thought after looking at a one mag/electronic setup where the builder did the electronic on top plugs only and mag on bottom plugs only.

Another quick question. Does anyone have a shot of any super special mag harness passthroughs (rear baffle), such as any from hot rod shops? I'm looking for something other than a hole and RTV.

BlackRV7 said:
OK, I've seen/heard/read/dreamed (stretching it there:) about putting the impulse mag harness on the top plugs only with the right mag (looking at it from the the rear of the engine) on the bottom only. Obviously, the harnesses are marked T4, T2, B3, B1 and B4, B2, T3, T1. Put them is this orientation, the arguement is you get a more consistantly close drop between left and right. The assumption; the bottom plugs are more likely to get oil fouled due to gravity.

Current pros, cons to harness indicated orientation or top/bottom only???

Just food for thought after looking at a one mag/electronic setup where the builder did the electronic on top plugs only and mag on bottom plugs only.

BlackRV7 said:
Another quick question. Does anyone have a shot of any super special mag harness passthroughs (rear baffle), such as any from hot rod shops? I'm looking for something other than a hole and RTV.

Here are the versions I used to pass the wires through...

wireseal2.jpg

Baffle Seals from Aircraft Spruce