Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
FYI, I've read a few fairly recent posts where folks are asking for information regarding photos that were posted years ago using Imageshack. This is going to become more common. I got an email from Imageshack a few months back saying they were no longer going to have their free service and if you wanted to keep your photos available, a subscription (or some fee) was going to be necessary in early 2016. Looks like that time has arrived and at least some of us are unwilling to pay for archived photos, thus some of the older threads that include Imageshack images will suffer. I had thought embedded images would stick around, but perhaps not.

Greg

Imageshack started dumping mine years ago, and I'm a big user of photos in posts. I've migrated quite a few of my VAF .jpg's (600+) to Photobucket, which has a very modest payment requirement for ad-free space.

I re-post lost VAF images using Photobucket when asked, or when I'm reeeeeally bored ;)

Google Photos is free and likely to outlive many of the other guys. Flickr might be another good option too. I suspect it's pricey for dr to host them but it might be worth investigating. I bet a few of us would be willing to pay a few extra bucks to maintain our photographic legacy ;)

[ed. Second sentence at: http://www.vansairforce.net/articles/ImagesInForums/images.htm v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator: