robertahegy

Moderator/Tech Counselor
I saw that blurb on Doug's other site about the Lycoming BBQ and I got all excited 'cause we are remodeling our patio and thought I thought an AC engine BBQ would really be cool, since we live on our airport. Well there is no way you can cook on that thing!!! It isn't a BBQ!! :confused: It's a Rotiserie!!! :mad: Dang!!!!

Roberta
(still cookin' on an old Weber) :eek:

cookouts

Roberta,
You just wait until next June (I'll post the date later) and fly down to central IL. to my airport (1IL9) and we'll show you what a real cookout is like. This year we roasted a hog with three turkey's stuffed inside it!! It was great!!

I host this fly-in once a year for our local EAA Chapter 129. Mark your calander!!!

Jack Holland :cool:
RV-7 (no training wheel) just kidding..... ;)
106 hours

robertahegy said:
snip....Well there is no way you can cook on that thing!!! It isn't a BBQ!! :confused: It's a Rotiserie!!! :mad: Dang!!!!
Roberta
(still cookin' on an old Weber) :eek:
Sorry Roberta <g>.

When I saw your subject line I thought, "oh boy, what did I do to make Roberta mad!?!" Then, I laughed out loud when I read your post. Thanks for the scare (& laugh).

B,
D

RV Grill

If only 2024 AL had a higher melting point . . .

Unfortunately, since first reading this my imagination hasn't been very successful with how to make a well working grill out of a scrap Lycoming. I'll keep thinking!

keen9a said:
If only 2024 AL had a higher melting point . . .

Unfortunately, since first reading this my imagination hasn't been very successful with how to make a well working grill out of a scrap Lycoming. I'll keep thinking!
Cylinder barrels are made of steel...

Your right I got nothing...

If you could make those cylinders hot enough, the fins would leave really cool grill marks...

We have to have fun on this site. Gotta love it!!!

Hey Jack!!! Is that fly in in CI the SAA fly in? We plan on being there if it's still going to happen. If not, keep us posted. We''ll be there in any event, weather permitting.

Roberta

Chapter 129 Fly-In

Roberta,

SAA ???
:confused: I'm sure I should know what that is, but drawing a blank.
The fly-in at my place is for Chapter 129 from Bloomington, IL. Just an annual get-to-togehter for anyone and everyone that can make it. I have done this for 5 or 6 years. Last year was the first year my RV was done and flying. We had about 35 airplanes show up and feed 125 people. I'd like to get as many RVs as I can for June 2006.........3rd Sat......maybe, yet to be set. I'll let you know when it is. Hope you (and others) and make it.

Jack

Keep us posted.

The SAA is a spinoff of EAA headed by Paul Poberezny. They have a web site under SAA. Being your's was in CI and in June, I thought they may be the same. I'll find out more.

Roberta