Madredr1

I'm in a position in my life where it's financially feasible to build myself an airplane. My 1 year anniversary of my check ride is coming up soon, and have been tossing around the idea of buying a 172 or building an RV. My recent ride in an RV-9 sealed the deal for me.

I ordered the "training kit" from vans this week and preview plans for the 7. I need to look this stuff over and see if my previous mechanical experience is enough to build one of these aircraft. And I also need to start my tool purchasing.

If all goes well with this, I will be ordering kits soon, then finding some builders local to the Madison area to give me a hand :)

Congrats!!

David, come on in, the water is fine:D

How about a glass of Kool Aid........

Congrats on the ride in the 9. Nothin left but to write the checks and build it. Sounds like he has already drank the Kool-aid Mike!

Congratulations on the ticket

Yep, building is a way to save a bunch and a 7 will fly circles around a c-172
I started Jan 2012 and had to wait 3 months for my fuselage..so actually only have a year and 7 months on the build.
You'll experience every emotion known to mankind, you'll thank God for
near mistakes that worked out and you'll kick anything in sight when it seems nothing can go right.
Is it worth it? YES. Because the rewards are something nothing can
compare too.

Come join us...
Smilin' Jack

Last edited:
Welcome to RV land

Welcome to the family! I am just beginning my journey as well - with an RV-8 empennage on it's way to me as we speak! Nothing much to add other than that, just wanted to share the joy :D Just wish I had done it earlier, so.... Go for IT!:eek:

AWESOME!!!

David......Welcome to the VAF Family! Best wishes....take it from another newbie...intimidation is part of the process:eek:...best wishes!!:D

YOL BOLSON!!!