sf3543

Well Known Member
Well, we were notified that we are being transferred to Dallas in the next few months. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about the area around downtown Dallas and am trying to figure out where to start looking for a new airport, and house, to call home.
I know there are a lot of posters from the Dallas area, so can some of you guys give me an idea of which airports have available hangar space to rent, buy or build. Would prefer to own, but any option will be considered.
We do not know yet where we will end up living, but the airport choice will play a pivotal part in the selection.
Thanks in advance,

Gary Bricker

When you get in the area put a post out where you can be contacted and you will have plenty of help with your needs.

Come on up...

Morning Steve.

So, can't stand the San Antonio heat and looking for a change in cooler Dallas? :p

There are close to 20 RVs at NW Regional (52F) in Roanoke, including mine. Hwy 114 runs from just south of there all the way to downtown Dallas and the commute is 35 minutes or so. I live in Highland Village (HV) east of 52F. When I worked in Irving it was a 30-35 minute commute.

HV has a large concentration of airline pilots, as it's about 15 minutes north of the DFW airport (sadly, with the airline business as it is there are a few of these homes for sale, which might be good for you). Mature trees and hills, it's a very nice neighborhood. My drive to 52F and the RV is 18 minutes.

Southlake is another airline pilot hotbed. Danny King lives there. About 15 minutes from 52F and 25-30 from downtown Dallas.

When you know more get in touch, we're happy to help welcome you!

b,
d

Those times are "non-working hour" times... If you have to work during normal hours you can almost double that!

That's true. We live in NW Flower Mound, just south of Highland Village. My wife takes 2499/121/114 to Downtown Dallas 45 minutes down (0830), 60 minutes home (1700).

Flip side is, I'm only 15 minutes to the employee lot at DFW, and 15 minutes to 52F! :D

Let us know when you get here, Doug will buy lunch!

Joe

I live in Lewisville which is a few miles East of Joe and Doug. 52F is 14 miles and a 20 minute drive for me.

Off-topic, Joe give me a call. I private emailed you but if you are like me it took me a month to remember to check those and respond to you.

Thanks,

charlie kearns 214-803-8642

Come on Up !

Steve,

Come on up!
Doug and company, & (me), will give you the lay of the land around here.
Hope we can help.