Neal@F14

Well Known Member
Just signed the papers and handed over a big check a couple hours ago.

No longer flying a friend's borrowed RV, I finally own an RV-6 of my own (well at least I own a third of it, the finance company owns the other 2/3 for a while :p).

Pics will come soon after this weekend when I get back out to the airport with my good camera, for the time being, all I have is what's already out there on the Internet http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/218885.html

Its got a pretty cool tail number too. Since it's a -6, and built for 2 people, and is a Texas airplane, hence the tail number is N642TX :D

Congrats Neal

It is a short flight to Terrell, TX, why not join us on the 26th for the Memorial Day race. We still don't have a RV Red entry:

The following racers have registered for the
Memorial 150 Air Race as of 8 May, 2012:

Race # Name Aircraft Class

Race 35 Mike Smith SX300 Sport

Race 227 Norm Biron Glastar "L'Etiole" FX Blue

Race 390 Jerry Hajek RV-8 "One Xray Pappa" RV Gold

Race 26 Mike Thompson RV-6 "El Lento" RV Blue
Race 71 Bob Axsom RV-6A "Blue Bird" RV Blue
Race 81 Gary Shelley RV-8 RV Blue
Race 82 Chuck Wallace RV-8 "Free Bird" RV Blue
Race 118 Ken Krebaum RV-8 RV Blue
Race 391 Jason Rovey RV-8 RV Blue

Race 193 Bobby Bennett Bonanza S35 "Cowboy Cadillac" FAC1RG

Race 77 Jim Huff Bonanza "WhataBeech" FAC2RG

Race 201 Rebecca Cutri-Kohart Mooney 201 FAC3RG

Race 456 AnnElise Bennett C-182 "X Ray" FAC3FX

Bob Axsom

I probably should get a few hours under my belt flying this plane before attempting any air racing in it, to become accustomed to its handling characteristics. I haven't flown since the first week of January, but I intend to make my first couple flights in it with a well-experienced CFI buddy on board to make sure I don't mess up.

Once I get used to this plane, I'd definitely like to try racing it some day. The builder told me it's pretty fast and other RV-ers at my airport that have flown alongside it in the past have all told me it's a pretty fast one too for an O-320 with a fixed-pitch Aymar-Demuth wood prop. One of my friends with an RV-4 that has the same engine and prop on his RV-4 says this -6 has outrun his -4 in the past.

I'm not surprised

The only RV that consistently outruns the RV-6 with the same engine is the incredible RV-8.

Bob Axsom

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just signed the papers and handed over a big check a couple hours ago.

I finally own an RV-6 of my own.

Its got a pretty cool tail number too. Since it's a -6, and built for 2 people, and is a Texas airplane, hence the tail number is N642TX :D

Congratulations on your new money pit;)

Congratulations!

Neal,

Very nice looking 6. Enjoy. I hope to join you as an RV-6 owner in the near future.

Fernando

Congratulations! Looks like you took the short cut to having a beautiful RV. If looking for a good cross country destination, come on down to Gods country!

Congrats, Neal, I know you've had your eye on this one for a long time. Brent certainly set the bar real high on that 6 that is for sure. Glad it shall remain at the Valley.

John

Just completed my first flight in the -6 and it went much better than I expected. Almost an hour and half in the air, and 7 landings. All my worries about having the stick in my left hand and throttle in right were mostly unfounded. I got used to that pretty quickly. It lands a lot easier than I thought it would too. 3-pointers are a piece of cake in this plane. I did miss having a CS prop though, I have to think ahead a bit more to slow down without having that wonderful air brake with a blue knob on it ;)

I think I'm really going to enjoy this little airplane.

I'm sitting at home right now, enjoying a glass of red wine and that RV grin is still going strong!