AntiGravity

Well Known Member
Not quite back, but lurking for a while. Marital separation meant I had to sell the RV-8 project and all tools, etc with it. I have no workshop, no tools, a new marriage and family, little time and little money. What I *do* still have is ... desire. Won't happen for a while, but discussions have started and my new wife wants side-by-side seating. Maybe there is a -7 or -12 in my future. The clincher will be if either our 2? yr old girl or 8 month old boy show an interest; that would give me the green light. And so the planning starts... I'll lurk on the -7 and -12 forums and may well ask the occasional question.
Hope all your builds are going well ... c u around :)

The clincher will be if either our 2? yr old girl or 8 month old boy show an interest; that would give me the green light.

You have a huge ability to influence this interest, start nurturing it now.

Toys, childrens books, games, etc.

Whenever a plane flys over, make a big deal of it.

Good luck.

Nurturing

You have a huge ability to influence this interest, start nurturing it now.

Toys, childrens books, games, etc.

Whenever a plane flys over, make a big deal of it.

Good luck.

Indeed. My little girl loves helicopters and airplanes and we always rush out to watch them fly over. I have helicopters hanging from their ceiling and often tell them what each one is. I also have several r/c model airplanes; my little girl knows what they all are and I just built a 'yellow plane' (a WOT4) in her name which she loves. I have a pretty good MS flight sim cockpit setup and also Phoenix R/C simulator and often sit the little ones on my lap to fly a plane and they love it. When they are a little older I'll take them to the airfield (last time I took Elise she burst into tears when I told her we needed to climb out of the Alpha 160!). I am also currently (slowly) pursuing my PPL(A) and as soon as I can take passengers they'll be coming with me (will take a couple of years probably).

So yes, nurturing is very high on my agenda, not least because it is a large part of my ticket to build :)

Anyone know whether there are any small models of the RV series I could hang from the ceiling, especially the -7 ?

Last edited: