cropdusterengineer

I saw Kate B start an introduction thread, and I thought I'd do the same since I'm new here too.

I'm Mike. I'm from northwest Georgia (born and raised). I live in Wichita Falls, TX now. Been flying since age 16 (I'm 31 now).

Although I don't own/haven't built an RV, I AM a big fan! I fly my uncle's (who is an occasional poster here) RV7 every once in a while, and my father (also an occasional poster here) should be picking his RV9 up from the paint shop any time now. I'm looking foward to taking it "around the patch" every chance I get. My brother and several other family friends also post here, and convinced me to join the board.

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to contribute to the discussion board as an owner/builder......until then I'll take care of the "lurking" part!

Blue skies!

Mike

I need to introduce myself too.

Hello all,

My name is Kris and my wife and I currently reside in San Angelo, TX. Been working for Uncle Sam out here for the last year and my wife is in the medical field. Really happy with the area, and there are more than a few RV owners out here.

Just recently got my ATP and type rating(CE-500) so hopefully I'll be able to restart work on my long neglected RV-8 project. I've lurked in these forums for quite a while and have been pleased to find a bunch of nice folks here more than willing to help a guy out. I hope I can repay the favor.:D

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

All my best,

Kris W.

You by chance a Citation driver for the Customs base there? Buddy of mine worked out of there years ago...

Hello all,

My name is Kris and my wife and I currently reside in San Angelo, TX. Been working for Uncle Sam out here for the last year and my wife is in the medical field. Really happy with the area, and there are more than a few RV owners out here.

Just recently got my ATP and type rating(CE-500) so hopefully I'll be able to restart work on my long neglected RV-8 project. I've lurked in these forums for quite a while and have been pleased to find a bunch of nice folks here more than willing to help a guy out. I hope I can repay the favor.:D

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

All my best,

Kris W.

Mike,

Welcome to the VAF.

Something tells me you aren't going to get the same response as the 18 year-old young lady. :rolleyes:

You by chance a Citation driver for the Customs base there? Buddy of mine worked out of there years ago...

Sorry Sir. Can neither confirm nor deny that question.:D

I can however buck rivets with the best of 'em. After screwing up several parts on my now complete RV-8 empennage, I feel I can hold my own with the many builders who have gone before me. I make several trips out to your part of the world during the year. Hopefully we can meet up sometime and swap building stories.

Take care,

Kris

Welcome!!!!!

Welcome to the bunch! Go get the 27 yrs of the RVator and start reading.... that way you are prepped to start! giddyup!!!!! We are always here if you have questions!
Best
Brian Wallis

Welcome Air Tractor RVers

Mike - cropdusterengineer - is a production test pilot at Air Tractor. He spends his days flying 16,000 lb single engine turbine powered agplanes as they roll out of the factory. He is also bona fide Aerospace Engineer. Kyle Schroeder - kyleag04 - is a production engineer (also an Aerospace Engineer) at Air Tractor and has a newly started RV-7 kit. Both are new posters here. They know how to build airplanes. When you see the factory at Airtractor, the airplane parts there are almost identical to the parts in any RVer's shop - only bigger! I'm sure they'll have a lot to add to the discussions.

If you ever go through or over Olney, TX (ONY) - WNW of Fort Worth - stop in an get a tour from Mike or Kyle.

Welcome, guys. Keep the bowl weevils beat back for us!

Don't sell kyleag04 short.....not only is he an aerospace engineer, he ALSO milks cows and fights fires part-time!

And by the way, HE isn't building an RV7, he mainly sits in the shop and drinks Shiner Bock beer while his cute blonde wife bucks rivets........ What a life!!!

CDE

The NAAA Convention is in Vegas this year. I don't know yet if I'll be going or not. We got "weathered in" in Vegas on the way to Reno last year......:D