Slane

Well Known Member
Patron
After hanging the Rotax today, I moved on as far as p. 46-12 where I'm stumped on Step 2. The note above step 2 states: Wire WH-J152 (WHT/BLU) is one inch longer than WH-J153 (BLU) if measured from the exposed shield portion of the wires.

Step 2: Insert the WH-J153 (BLU) ignition A wire into the unused socket of connector A1. See View A-A. ...

I cannot find either of these 2 wires. Are both within the bundle, or are both added at this point? Did I miss something in an earlier step? Appreciate any help I can get on this because I've got more questions than answers.

HW-RV12-IGNITION is an extra cable. It is easier to install the soft start wiring at the same time (46-13, easier to reach the connectors before you snap the A1 and B1 connectors back together).

Those wires go to the ignition switches and disable the ignition when grounded. The wires are coaxial cables. A few inches from the end, some of the outer insulation has been removed and the shield is exposed. This exposed shield is placed under a clamp in order to ground the shield to the engine. Hope this helps you find the wires.
Joe Gores

THanks!

This helps a lot. I'll be out to the hangar this Saturday and will find this wire to install.
Slane