Fred.Stucklen

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm based at KBKV (North of Tampa Florida) and am looking for avionics shops that can perform the IFR Transponder/Pito/Static certification on my RV-7A that is within an hours flying distance. The plane has a GRT EFIS and Garmin GTX-330 transponder.

My local shop quoted me over $500, which I'm finding hard to accept... Anybody else got any other suggestions?

Gulf Coast

I haven't used them yet but several of the folks based at Plant City do. I don't know their pricing.

Gulf Coast Avionics Corp.
3650 Drane Field Road
Lakeland Linder Regional Airport
Lakeland, Florida 33811
Phone: 863-709-9714
Fax: 863-709-9736
FAA Approved Repair Station No. UB4R564M
Class 1, 2, 3 & Limited Instruments
www.GulfCoastAvionics.com

Sarasota Avionics AT KPGD

SA at Punta Gorda (Charlotte Cty) used to do the IFR for 250, and there is a good restaurant. A couple of my hangar neighbors just had theirs done at the new shop at Sebring -- about 300.

Before you go anywhere, be sure your static system is tight --- will safe you a lot of grief, later.

Ron

I used this guy: http://www.tampaavionics.com/

He came to me at ZPH and was knowledgeable and understanding of RV's. Don't remember exact cost but I believe was under $500. He did my GRT and Dynon EFIS units and GTX-327 transponder. He's based at Tampa North

Chris

john zylis 561 596 6359 palm beach area totally mobile. he will test everything without removing it. fair price.
:)

IFR Transponder/Pito/Static Certification

Thanks to all who replied. I've made a list of possible contacts and will start calling them today...

Just had mine done at KTTD near Portland, OR. Haven't got the bill yet, but was quoted $450. I know.... OUCH!

IFR Transponder Cert

FYI-I do these in MI and TN, my friend does them in MI and FL (Dec-Mid May). Unfortunately, he just came back to MI for the summer. When there, he lives in New Port Richey. We charge $275 for an IFR cert.

FYI-I do these in MI and TN, my friend does them in MI and FL (Dec-Mid May). Unfortunately, he just came back to MI for the summer. When there, he lives in New Port Richey. We charge $275 for an IFR cert.

Are you at a particular airport in SE Michigan, or can you travel?