kjlpdx

Well Known Member
this worked fine during the trial period. this morning I paid for the subscription. I charted a go direct route to SPB to buy gas. never touched or looked at it until I get back in after fueling up. the screen was locked up. it wouldn't expand, reduce. I try to relaunch, but it just comes back to the same image. I close the cover to shut it off, no difference. I come home and still can't make it do anything. some crosshairs have appeared that measure distances on the screen. the vector screen has been reduced to 1 x 1?", white everywhere else.
so are others having problems with this software? I don't know enough about apple products to delete the pgm and reload it. I'm glad I wasn't on an X/C trip needing fuel.

Call them tomorrow. When I owned an iFly, their technical support was very accommodating. You would think that would extend to the new iPad software.

I hope so. I did just delete the software and it is now reloading. after I paid, it didn't do any map downloads, I guess because it was using the trial period maps? so what do you use now?

I hope so. I did just delete the software and it is now reloading. after I paid, it didn't do any map downloads, I guess because it was using the trial period maps? so what do you use now?

I had an iFly 720. There were a couple of things that I didn't like, so I did some horse trading and ended up with a Garmin 695. I also have WingX on my iPhone/iPad. I really like the Garmin (I was a long time avoider of Garmin - I prefer not to run with the herd), and WingX has been outstanding.

I have the software

on my iFly 720 and my iPad mini retina and an iPad 2 ---- I have the latest downloads ---- running in my -6A ---- just yesterday used them all --- so far, no problems.

I agree that the iFly support is second to none - I have occasions where the 720 would "lock up", but a re-boot would take care of it. No problems at all on the iPads.

R.

I originally had an ifly720. I had many problems with it locking up. they sent me new cards, software, nothing fixed it. I took an x/c flight from OR to OH and had no problems. week later it would lock up. I think it is related to that satellite view option, although turning that feature off didn't cure mine. ifly support told me that I was the only person experiencing any problems. marv golden was able to return my unit. after studying several other options I decided to go the ipad mini route. the iflymini worked fine during the trial period, so I was optimistic that their software would work fine on the ipad platform. now I feel like an idiot for my choice.
I don't like flying looking at a sectional, too cluttered. I also don't like having to key in airport ids to get info on them. I also like having a map show up when I turn the gps on. some pkgs seem to require some flight plan in order to show a map, although that may be my inexperience. I may just pony up and buy the garmin subscription.